We are growing fast and need people to help us
We require people who have high energy, a can do attitude and are customer focused.
You will be working in a fun, fast, varied and challenging environment, “a real buzz.”
We have requirements for talent in following areas – IT, Networking, Systems, Warehousing , Customer Contact Centre and Customer Services.
If you have it , then we need you !
Customer Contact Centre
We are always keen to hear from talented and/or experienced communicators to work in our busy 100-seat Customer Contact Centre.
We need organised and articulate people with excellent written skills to help us meet the exacting quality standards set by our charity, commercial and household name clients. Previous experience in Customer Service is preferred but not essential, as full training will be given.
If you can empathise with, understand, and respond efficiently to our clients’ customers’ needs, there are opportunities for you to start or develop your Customer Service career with us, and learn valuable life skills too!
We have positions in our Data Entry, Inbound Call Handling and Customer Service departments, with full-time, part-time and flexi-time* working arrangements available.
To register your interest, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your skills, talents and experience. Please be sure to include your phone number and enter PRWEB1114 in the subject line of your e-mail.
*Flexi-time working is a Prism DM scheme which allows you to tell us the slots (minimum 4-hour periods) that you are available to work on a rolling 4-week basis, which we then match against our requirements. Slots are available across all seven days of the week, between 8am and 8pm.
Once accepted onto our roster for your first set of shifts, you would be required to attend for paid initial (and later for top-up) training, to a pre-agreed timetable. Thereafter there is no commitment on our part or yours to provide or take up work until mutually agreed between us. A great way for stay-at-home parents to maintain a work discipline and a great way for us to provide the highest possible standard of service to our clients.
Suited to an ambitious, self-disciplined and commercially experienced expert in PHP 5 web application development using the LAMP stack. This role will entail taking the lead on architecting and implementing robust, scalable and secure software solutions as well as guiding and mentoring more junior members of the team.
Minimum skill levels and technical requirements
- 3+ years commercial experience of designing, creating and debugging object-oriented web applications using PHP5 and MySQL
- Demonstrable expert proficiency in Object Oriented PHP5
- Solid understanding of database development, including schema design, query optimisation, referential integrity and appropriate indexing
- A good working knowledge of source control and branching techniques using Subversion
- Automated testing using PHP Unit, jUnit or similar, plus front-end functional testing using Selenium or similar product
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate technical ideas to both a technical and non-technical audience
- Fastidious attention to detail
Good to haves
- Zend and /or MySQL certification
- Experience using command line tools within a Linux shell in order to install, configure and maintain Apache based hosting environments
- Experience in the use of a variety of Agile Development or XP methodologies, including daily stand-ups, paired programming, test driven development, velocity calculations and burn down
- Knowledge and experience in the appropriate use of design patterns, above and beyond MVC
- A high level of knowledge, experience and understanding of web application security, stability and scalability
The candidate must have the necessary legal status to be able to work onsite at our offices in the United Kingdom. Where a work permit or visa is in operation, this should not expire within 12 months from the date of application. Clear, fluent spoken and written English is required for this role.
How to apply
Please submit an up-to-date CV along with a covering letter which should include details of current salary expectations and any notice periods that apply.
Your CV should include your portfolio and URLs.
T : 01252 556900
F : 01252 556911
E : email@example.com